I have a rather expensive digital kitchen thermometer that had died due to accidental submersion in liquid.
A couple of family members had tried to revive it with the usual tricks.
One family member even opened the thermometer up, wiped everything down and tested the circuit inside with a meter. But at the end of it all the thermometer was pronounced dead.
The thermometer was handed back to me with a “Sorry mate, it’s trash.”
Two days later I was about to throw the thermometer out but thought I’d give it one more try.
I opened up the battery compartment, popped a new battery in, and sure enough it was dead.
I pulled the battery back out, blew in to the battery compartment twice, put the battery back in and powered the thermometer on.
The thermometer sprang to life with the usual beep and the screen good and clear.
It continues to work to this day.
Nobody will ever know how awesome I was.